"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Worth Every Mile - March mix by Kathleen

To you.
For every letter, text, phone call. For every summer month. For video games, movie nights, Sonic runs, and music festivals. For the way you sing and the way we fit together. For late night drives, Scrabble games, and pajamba parties. For two years.
For you.



1. Brand New Colony - The Postal Service
"I'll be your winter coat buttoned and zipped straight to the throat
With the collar up so you won't catch a cold
I want to take you far from the cynics in this town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut our bodies free from the tethers of this scene,
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change."


2. She Paints Me Blue - Something Corporate
And, you're my good feeling.
I'm kneeling inside her room
She paints me blue
And you are my reason
For breathing.

3. The Only One - The Cure
Oh I love, Oh I love, Oh I love
What you do to my head
When you pull me upstairs
And you push me to bed
I love what you do to my head
It’s a mess out there!

Oh I love, oh I love, oh I love
What you do to my heart
When you push me back down
And then pull me apart
I love what you do to my heart
It’s the best, oh yeah!


4. I Just Do - Dear and the Headlights
Oh so the words have all been said
The feeling's old but it's new to me
I guess I'm scared to death but
Oh I just love you Oh I just love you

5. Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin
Dark blue (dark blue)
Have you ever been alone in a crowded room well I'm here with you
I said the world could be burning (burning) down
Dark blue

6. J'y Suis Jamais Alle - Yann Tiersen


7. Baby That's Not All - Josh Ritter
fold yourself against
me like a paper bird
tonight we’ll fly awhile
just give me the word
and hold onto me
like I hold onto you
a steeple holds a bell
the night sky holds the moon
melting flakes of snow
will catch you when you fall
Baby that’s not all
then like falling stars
back down to sleep will go
into our waiting arms
in orbits round the glow
cover lets and down
will catch you when you fall
Baby that’s not all

8. Love Song - Adele
However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

9. To Be Alone With You - Sufjan Stevens
I'd swim across lake Michigan
I'd sell my shoes
I'd give my body to be back again
In the rest of the room
To be alone with you

10. Cause I'm So Scard of Dying - Right Away, Great Captain!
i told you i need you, when you screamed hallelujah here we go
i hoped you believed me when i told you you were beautiful
(cause i meant it man)

11. Billion Bees - Kevin Devine
so every breath stung more and more
a wave of whips across my spine
a billion bees trapped in my chest
nails on chalkboard every time

'til I watched your fingers sneak towards mine
I heard your breath go thin and short
I tucked your hair behind your ears
and watched your eyes dart back and forth

And I sucked your lip and bit your neck
the trees were shaking at their roots
my angry arms felt cool and calm
and my cotton mouth was wet with you

so we lay glowing in the grass
to watch the sun swap with the moon
to trade our future for our past
the present tense was all we knew

12. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don’t know where I am
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I want to go

No comments:

Post a Comment