"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Guest Mixer - Joe Schumacher (Elastic Summer)

Oh Hey!


My name is Joe Schumacher and I play guitar and synth in Elastic Summer

(you can get our new FREE EP at http://elasticsummer.bandcamp.com/).


I met Ashley years ago when I was interning at Epic Records and now live and work here in the city for a major ticketing company that everyone seems to hate for no reason. I've never DJ'd anything in my life and I never plan to.


Thanks to Ashley for remembering who I am and asking me to do this.


I'll be doing a 4 by 3. Four songs by three bands that I think you need to hear before you die. Feel free to judge my musical tastes. I'm obsessed with these bands and have lyrics for each of them tattooed on me, so my devotion is pretty intense.


I will open with my favorite band of all time - Stars


"Elevator Love Letter" - Easily my favorite song of all time. I cry almost every time I hear it. Possibly the best love song I've ever heard.

"Your Ex-Lover is Dead" - I have lyrics from this tattooed on me. Front runner for second favorite song of all time.


"One More Night" - The drum fill when he says "You'll never touch him again" at around 2:20 gets me every time.


"The Last Song Ever Written" - I feel like this is the best song on their newest record and it totally gets overlooked.


Band Number Two - Motion City Soundtrack.


"Better Open The Door" - More lyrics I have tattooed on me. I love how honest this band is. Wide open and blunt, always.

"Resolution" - I love songs about the new year. The idea of making yourself a better person on a yearly basis is interesting to me.

"Last Night" - This song has "Close To Me" written all over it, and I'm a sucker for solid bridges.

"Autographs & Apoligies" - "Busy hands keep swimming they don't like swallowing" The pre-chorus/chorus on this song is flawless.


Lastly band three - Metric/Emily Haines


"Waves" - B side from their newest record that I'm shocked didn't make it onto the actual record. Eaily one of the best songs they've written.


"Poster Of A Girl" - I'm a sucker for wicked synth lines and songs about cumming in your pants. Duh


"The Twist" - "I want it, it is you, you are where I want to be" are some of my favorite lyrics hands down.


"Reading In Bed" - I encourage you to listen to this song while its raining here in NYC. It's a life changing experience. Also more lyrics I have tattooed on me.


That's it for me. Hope you enjoyed my lamefest. Thanks again Ashley.

1 comment: