"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Thursday, March 24, 2011

[GUEST MIXER] Jake (Roll) Acosta "12 songs, that will pull at your soul"



My name is Jake and I'm from a local band in Tucson. Roll Acosta
You can check out more about us at:



But let's get down to the music. I really love listening to music, and really went for what I consider a theme that is tough, but also how I like my music...intense and emotional.
The mix below of twelve songs lyrically and musically I feel pull right at your soul. Hope you enjoy

12.Ordinary People-John Legend

A new artist, really telling the reality of our ability to foster working relationships. I heard about this song from a friend, and have to say. It has earned it's spot as the last track




11. The Cave-Mumford and Sons

Perhaps the most acclaimed new artist rising this past couple years. And for good measure, they shoot right for your heart and mind and all the twisted parts of our choices against or for each other as human beings. Also, great songwriters to boot




10. Mad World-Gary Jules

This Tears for Fears cover, was never as poignant to me as Jules' arrangement. Covers are timeless for a reason, and this one really shows the perspective of the world most avoid. I highly recommend you hear this at least once in your life



9. Long Live the Queen-Frank Turner

I fell upon this video by accident one day when searching for another, and went from being impressed by the awesome music video to the immediate love for the story. Everyone always thinks of the lost ones we all later realize really meant more than we assumed and suffered more than some of us can imagine.



8. If I could-Jack Johnson

Yes more tragedy. I know it's grim sometimes to think about, but the mortal coil we tango with always hits me when I know someone's story. And I really do wish I could stop some things "If I could"...(lyrics in the description section)



7. I Have Loved You Wrong-Swell Season

A song about a love, a love you should never have followed through with. A true apology for knowing it would never work, but also a sincere and real touch of responsibility for it. I love this band.



6. Brick-Ben Folds

A songwriter overlooked by many. This song really hits at some of the pain of having to make a very hard decision in your life that will truly change who you are. This song really makes me feel for the mothers who have ever had to deal with this situation.




5. Styrofoam Plates-Deathcab for Cutie

Not everyone understands that some family who most think you should love, was never a family to you at all. Songs like this need to exist, to help us understand our world, even if it hurts a little. Ben you are the man...



4. Sweet Celine-Matthew Andrae

Now a song that will touch any father, parent, or anyone who has ever cared for someone more than themselves. The voice on this guy is gold, and this approach with just a guitar is perfect. I did cry the first time I heard this and not embarrassed to say that.



3. Hero of War-Rise Against

Say what you will about these slightly over the top music makers, but this song hit me. I had to do a cover of it for a friend, and I almost couldn't sing it. Not to say all military life is like this, but I am just flat out floored by imagery this band captured or rather Tim on vocals. Powerful.



2. You Don't Know Me-Michael Grimm

I first became a fan of this guy on America's Got Talent. Amidst all the BS, a true soulful singer, with a timeless voice and personality. He captures this Ray Charles' original even more soulful than Ray himself. The lyrics here are just the perfect amount of recollection of "what could have happened".



1. Say it To Me Now-Glen Hansard

A magical artist, with more conviction to his art than half of the musicians in this world. God damn it, Glen. I do have something to say to you; you are my number one favorite singer in the world. A song you should not die without listening to...




I really hope you enjoyed the mix. To all music lovers, send me any new music or bands anytime you catch wind of 'em. I love listening just as much as I love playing

-Jake
rollacosta.com
raceyouthere.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice mix, Jake. Hero of war made me cry...very moving. I also really enjoyed Matthew Andrae's and Michael Grimm's voices. My ultimate favorite was Gary Jules's Mad World. I could really relate to the words and his voice with that music was almost creepy. Thanks for the great selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad you enjoyed. That Hero of War song was a surprise song that hit me as well

    ReplyDelete