"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guest Mixer - Carla Selvin [The Danger Babes]

My acid trip playlist


For my first guest playlist, I decided to go on a little pysch-trip. You'll find it's tinged with rock and a little pop, and a lot of the San Francisco music scene.
RAMONA FALLS- I SAY FEVER
Hands down, "I Say Fever" is definitely the coolest music video I've ever seen.
DIE ANTWOORD-RICH BITCH
I love Die Antwoord, they are a fresh slap in the jowls (musically speaking), and this video, their most recent, is absolutely hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YUz3tgjlNQ
LUMERIANS-GAUSSIAN CASTLES
Lumerians, a local San Francisco psych-rock group, just released "Gaussian Castles" as their first official music video off of their new album, "Transmalinnia". I HIGHLY recommend purchasing this album, as it is off the chain amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-A6YhLGR0
SLEEPY SUN-NEW AGE
Another San Francisco psych-rock band, Sleepy Sun has developed a devoted following. Their live shows are accompanied by trippy visual projections, which has become a staple of their act. Their 2009 album, "Embrace" from which this video is taken, is full of gems like "New Age".
THE BLACK ANGELS-PHOSPHENE DREAM
Th Black Angels rock. The end. This song is off their most recent album, released at the end of last year. There is not a song on "Phosphene Dream" that sucks.
THE SHINGS-SLEEPING LESSONS
I can't bring myself to stop listening to "Wincing the Night Away". The Shins captured the tormenting disease that is insomnia in so many different perspectives in each song off their album, it is incredible to listen to the whole cd all the way through. This opening song is my favorite.
THE DOWNER PARTY-CHICAGO
San Francisco local rock band The Downer Party always brings down the house with this number. Front woman Sierra Frost has some killer skills. Everyone should keep an eye on this chick.
ELEPHONE-EL JEFE
While I don't totally dig the lead singer's whiny voice, Sierra Frost (see above music video "Chicago) sings the most catchy chorus you won't be able to get it out of your head for days.
THE WHITEST BOY ALIVE-GOLDERN CAGE
The Whitest Boy Alive is one of my new favorite bands. This song, off their 2009 debut album "Dreams" is an amazingly poignant song that never fails to put me into a contemplative mood.
THE ASTEROIDS GALAXY TOUR-AROUND THE BEND
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour kicked this little number out a couple of years ago. It still rocks.
BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW-SUN LIPS
Black Moth Super Rainbow may be the weirdest band I listen to, but this music video is awesome and their music is like nothing I've ever experienced.
CHICKENFOOT-SEXY LITTLE THING
Sammy Hagar's biography comes out next week. Make sure to grab a copy of it, AND the Chickenfoot album. By far the stupidest lyrics ever, it holds its' own by also being the rocking-est album to come out this decade. I dare you to check it out and tell me otherwise.


Thats all for now folks! Feel free to email me and tell me what you think!!!

thedangerbabe@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, nice post! Love that Whitest Boy Alive song - there's a great remix of it by Fred Falke that you should check out if you haven't heard it yet.

    ReplyDelete