"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Guest Mixer - George White [Recorded History]

Hello, music fans! I'm George. I make records. I also run a brand-spankin' new indie label here in Arizona called Recorded History (like us on Facebook, won't you?). Also, I play bass for Saddles (who, coincidentally, has a new EP out on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and Bandcamp). So, yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

I've noticed that some of the guest mixers have mentioned how they know Ashley, so I feel like I should disclose that I haven't yet had the pleasure. However, in perusing the blog, I did see that she included Five Iron Frenzy in one of her mixes. In high school, I had a different FIF shirt for every day of the week. So, that makes her A-ok in my book.

That brings me to my mix. It's much more chill than I intended. I meant to pay homage to my punk rock roots when I started poring over my iTunes library, but as I whittled down my initial 30-ish songs, just about anything with a distorted guitar ended up on the cutting room floor. I'm old. So, I guess that's the theme here.

My "I'm Old" Mix


Hope you all enjoy! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the article !! and the music mix !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like It!!
    If your old what does that make me....?
    Your really old sister :)

    ReplyDelete