"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guest Mixer - Dave [Whisperlights]

Hey my name is Dave from The Whisperlights. Music was a huge part of my mid teenage years and I was listening to a lot of Vagrant, Lookout, Mojo, and Asian Man bands at the time, so I'm going to do a little tribute to the bands that sculpted my music personality and helped me discover the best way to keep breakup depression at bay is through music. The first ten are bands that got me through being a dumb teenager, and the last are two great bands that I've had the pleasure of playing with as a dumb mid-20s adult.


FROM YOUNG AND DUMB TO NOT SO YOUNG AND DUMB:

1. The Anniversary - Sweet Marie


2. The Get Up Kids - Ten Minutes


3. The Hippos - Wasting My Life


4. Operation Ivy - Jaded


5. Green Day - Welcome to Paradise


6. Rancid - Olympia WA


7. MU330 - Speed Bump


8. Slow Gherkin - Get Some More


9. Goldfinger - 20 cent Goodbye


10. Reel Big Fish - I Want Your Girlfriend to Be My Girlfriend Too


11. Roar - Christmas Kids


12. The Whisperlights - Ditch the Watch (live)


3 comments:

  1. great list. too much nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me reason to listen to Sweet Marie for the remainder of this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I lost my virginity to Sweet Marie, that song will forever be one of my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete