"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My SXSW 2011

I was lucky enough to attend SXSW this year for the first time ever. Weeks in advance I was scheduling travel plans, accommodation and of course, my panel/showcase plans. The hours I spent going through lists and lists of shows was quite intimidating... so many amazing bands playing at the same time every day. 

The first day in Austin was work work work until the wee hours of the night so by day two, I was ready to go off on my own, SXSW Go! App in hand to attack the festival. As far as getting to show after show after show, I was pretty lucky in the way that most of the people I was working with had very different tastes in music. I was on my own. I didn't have to make sure everyone was happy or negotiate which shows we'd all go to and when, I had my agenda and was able to stick to it. Even with this amazing predicament; the ability to get wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, I still found very quickly that you will miss way more than you will actually see at SXSW. 

And so, here are ten bands that I saw at SXSW 2011, complete with bands I'd never heard of before, just recently fell in love with or have listened to for what seems like a while now. 


                            



Caiti

No comments:

Post a Comment