"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Monday, March 7, 2011

Guest Mixer - J.D. Stooks

I hope I don't fuck this up...blogging isn't my specialty. I'm a singer/songwriter in Phoenix, AZ. I just put out an EP in November titled "Shutterbug." You can find it wherever you download music. I've decided to keep my theme with my fellow singer/songwriter types. These are some songs I enjoy. Here goes nothing...

1. Rocky Votalato - White Daisy Passing
This video makes me want to get my boots out of the closet.


2. Leonard Cohen- Everybody Knows
This is for anyone who watched Pump Up The Volume to much as a kid.


3. Joel Plaskett - Fashionable People
I am very grateful that Bob Hoag introduced me to this man's music.


4. Elliott Smith - The Biggest Lie
Stinkweeds show from 1997...need I say more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j86qkC3mGnk

5. Billy Joel - You May Be Right
Alex already posted my favorite Joel song, but this one is probably more fitting.


6. Leona Naess - Heavy Like Sunday
The women responsible for the "Lee" tattoo on Ryan Adams arm that now reads "Sleep."


7. Ryan Adams - Cracks In A Photograph
Not sure why this is still unreleased considering all the shit songs he's put out.


8. Fiona Apple - Paper Bag
I'm glad she dated P.T. Anderson, because this video is awesome.


9. Tom Petty - You Got Lucky
This was the coolest video when it came out. Yes I'm old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

10. Matt Skiba - Good Fucking Bye
One of my favorite songwriters.


11. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
Damn Sweads...I wish I could play like this.


12. Tegan and Sara - Call It Off
I love these two...a lot. Such great songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va9uOHGZskg

Hope you liked at least one of these...for some extra credit here is a video of me from the Phoenix New Times blog. It's called By The Coin Jar:

No comments:

Post a Comment