"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guest Mixer - Travis Pack (Sleepwalk A Robot)

All My Ex's Live In Sacramento
is the name of this mix.

Here is a pseudo-serious reason why these seemingly random songs are grouped together:
If I hadn't actually been to Sacramento, I wouldn't believe it was a real place. It seems more of a mystical city/vortex where girls with whom I've screwed things up all seem to gather, and where Phoenix Suns great Kevin "KJ" Johnson resides as mayor. If you have a significant other or are even casually dating someone, chances are they will end up leaving to some other city soon (most likely Sacramento), at which point you should give them this "welp, I guess it's too late now" send-off mix as they are drawn inevitably toward California's underwhelming capital.

*Tip: I've made my girlfriend listen to it as a preemptive strike, hoping to protect her from the vortex. While not the mix's original intention, you may want to employ a similar tactic depending on you level of interest in said significant other.

Good luck, and enjoy.



Nada Surf - Your Legs Grow

Shout Out Louds
- The Comeback

Frightened Rabbit
- I Feel Better

Hellogoodbye -
All Of Your Love

Toro Y Moi -
Such Bad Handling

Say Hi To Your Mom -
Let's Talk About Spaceships

Stars -
Ageless Beauty

Kate Nash -
Foundations

Will Stratton -
I'd Hate To Leave You

Brand New -
Jesus Christ

The Avett Brothers - Kick Drum Heart

The Kooks - Always Where I Need To Be

Chromeo - Hot Mess

Dntel feat. Ben Gibbard - (This Is) The Dream Of Evan And Chan

Long live KJ and the 1993 PHX Suns.






No comments:

Post a Comment