"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guest Mixer- Jason P. Woodbury (Phoenix New Times)

Hey all.

My name is Jason, and I'm very happy to be contributing a mix to my friend Ashley's blog. It's the end of the month, which is of course the deadline for the guest mixer project, and as has no doubt been predicted by anyone who knows me, I'm getting this in just before it's due.

In terms of unnecessary information about myself, I have played guitar, bass, and/or sang in a bunch of bands, like Hands on Fire, Porches, Cardiac Party and Soft Drink. These days I'm concentrating on writing. I'm a blogger and the clubs for Phoenix New Times, as well as a regular contributor to the music section there.

I occasionally DJ, too, under the handle DJ Babynose, which my girlfriend coined. My mix is about as themed as my DJ sets -- which is to say not at all. I like a lot of music, and when I do play out, I like to think of myself as something like an old school radio DJ -- a guy who doesn't do much beyond pick what order really good songs are played in. I sincerely hope you enjoy the listen.

Multitracking by DJ BABYNOSE

1. Mac Rebennack & the Soul Orchestra- The Point

2. The Parting Gifts- My Baby Tonight
3. O.V. Wright- I've Been Searching
4. Abner Jay- My Middle Name is the Blues
5. Chubby Checker- If the Sun Stopped Shining
6. Harry Nilsson- Blow Me Down (demo)
7. Du Droppers- Come on & Love Me Baby
8. Tierra Del Fuego- Queen of the Rendezvous

9. Vince Guaraldi- Joe Cool
10. Sonny Boy Williamson- You're Funeral and My Trial (alt. take)
11. Joke Rose With D. Charles Speer & The Helix- Linden Avenue Stomp
12. Dirty Beaches- True Blue
13. Bo Diddley- I'm All Right (live)
14. Della Humphrey- Your Love is All I Need
15. Michel Polnareff- Time Will Tell
16. Richard Swift- Lady Luck
17. Erma Franklin- Higher & Higher
18. Alex Chilton- I've Never Found a Girl
19. Big Joe Turner- I Don't Dig It
20. Tom Waits- Lie to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment