"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Saturday, October 9, 2010

So I totaled my car... by Claudia



...and it inspired this mix.

Not the feelings that have been swirling through my head since those girls in the SUV ran a red light and hit my Toyota Yaris, though there have been plenty of those. A little despair (I was so close to home!), self doubt (would I have seen them if I had been less tired?) and plenty of frustration at the insurance companies.

Instead, I've been thinking about what I lost with that car. Nothing valuable, really: my Disneyland infant twins bumper sticker (it's a long story), the weird string angel keychain from my cousin in Germany, my favorite coffee tumbler and a lot of CDs.

It's not really very 2010 of me, but I often listen to CDs in the car. With South Orange County's hilly topography, radio doesn't work for me most of the time, and I'm too forgetful to transfer my iPod from desk to purse to car every trip. So CDs it is; a motley assortment of albums I've had forever, used purchases from my favorite record stores and gifts from friends. Here's a mix of songs from the discs once scattered on my dearly departed Toyota's console.

1. When They Fight, They Fight - The Generationals
2. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
3. Think I'm In Love - Beck
4. Down South - Tom Petty
5. Kind of a Girl - Tinted Windows
6. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Loved You) - Aretha Franklin
7. Mowgli's Road - Marina & The Diamonds
8. Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel) - Roy Orbison
9. Acid Tongue - Jenny Lewis
10. Crush - Jimmy Eat World
11. Jenny Don't Be Hasty - Paolo Nutini
12. Crazy - Patsy Cline

No comments:

Post a Comment