"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Desecrated Summer by Aaron Ford

I wanted to create a mix that that recalled that feeling we all had as a teenager when the summer was ending. We would think back over what happened that summer wondering what it all meant, if anything at all. We wondered it would affect the rest of our lives. We wondered if it it mattered. Will I be friends with these people forever? Will people judge me by the things I did/experimented with this summer? Is this person now my girlfriend/boyfriend? Is everything going to be weird when we have to go back to school? Maybe this year will be different. Maybe it will be the same.

Maybe it was just me and my Coastal North Carolina upbringing, but I have a feeling you may have experienced feelings similar to these. These songs are all very special to me for various reasons and I hope whoever gets this finds something special in them too. Here's a link to the mix for streaming.*

These Days In Flames - The Ladybug Transistor
What's It In For - Avi Buffalo
The Sun Surrounds Me - Beachwood Sparks
Another Sunny Day - Belle and Sebastian
Trouble - Jon Brion
Butterfly House - The Coral
Coast of Carolina - Telekenesis!
Harvest Time - The Clientele
Ohio Heat - Super Furry Animals
Catherine Avenue - Biirdie
Two Shocks - Brakes
From - Dr. Dog
California Morning - The Young Tradition
Jason and The Argonauts - XTC
Folk Singer - Brendan Benson
Two Silver Trees - Calexico
Drove You Miles - Figurines
Spiral Stairs - Elf Power

*Ashley, let me know if this is against Multitracking rules and I will remove promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment