"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The 11th Hour by Melissa Fossum

I decided to call this mix "The 11th Hour" because I started working on it around 11:30 last night, and, well, it's a little late, so it was a bit of an 11th hour effort. The main theme is "songs that compliment the title track." Songs like "Love me Girl" and "Dominos" make for an interesting mix that doesn't make much sense. The 11th hour is full of love, hate and loneliness...and Elvis. "Untitled 02 (Morrissey)" is a track from Fight off Your Demons, the b-sides to Brand New's The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me. Another common theme is bands I really got into this year: Manchester Orchestra, The Big Pink, Yeasayer, Everest and Local Natives, among many others.

1. Brand New- Untitled 02 (Morrissey)
2. Manchester Orchestra- Alice and Interiors
3. Cursive- The Recluse
4. The Gaslight Anthem- Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
5. Grizzly Bear- Knife
6. The Big Pink- Dominos
7. Autolux- Audience No. 2
8. Yeasayer- Love me Girl
9. Everest- Let Go
10. Local Natives- Airplanes
11. Wilco- I'll Fight
12. Arcade Fire- The Suburbs

1 comment:

  1. I love that Brand New track. I used to listen to it all the time, but the file on my ipod was way too loud and would blow up my ear drums every time it came on so I had to delete it :( I also love the local natives and arcade fire tracks. I was tempted to just shuffle the suburbs album and make that my mix for october.

    ReplyDelete