"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Devil Has Texas



Hi everybody, my name is Jacob and this is my first mix.


I wanted this first mix to be an introduction to the type of stuff I've been into lately

Simon Bookish - "The Flood"
I have really mixed emotions about Simon Bookish, I dislike most of his stuff, but it's growing on me and tracks like this really keep me around listening more

BARR - "Half of Two Times Tow (Newer Version)"

Marnie Stern - "Transformer"
Marnie Stern is another artist that I get challenged by her music, sometimes I love her tracks, sometimes I hate them. This track has some serious heat and I love listening to it while riding my bike. She's on tour right now, you should go check it out

Devo - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
I fucking love DEVO

Future Islands - "Tin Man"
These guys are affiliated with Wham City collective in Baltimore which contains a lot of bands that I'm really into right now, including a few on this mix. I'm obsessed with lead man Samuel T. Hearring's voice and vocal stylings.
They're on tour also.

El Guincho - "Bombay"
I came across this guy about a month ago and he reminded me of a spanish Animal Collective. You really need to check out the video for this song (NSFW, boobies)

Daniel Johnston - "Foxy Girl"
When I moved to Austin is when I realized the brilliance of Daniel Johnston, his music comes from such a strong, real place. This song is not his most brilliant or most interesting, and honestly it doesn't have much of a place on this mix, but it always reminds me of my girlfriend and why I now live in Texas.

The Unicorns - "The Unicorns: 2014"
I saw Islands like a month ago and it made me sad that I never got to see The Unicorns.

Suckers - "Easy Chairs"
During South By Southwest this year I saw probably two dozen new bands and these guys stuck out the most to me. They have some amazing falsetto going on.

Ecstatic Sunshine - "Perrier"

Dan Deacon - "Slow With Horns/Run For Your Life"
I've been in love with Dan Deacon since the first time I heard "Spiderman of the Rings" back in 2007. I know this song is long but give it a chance.

Themselves & Why? - "Canada"
Anticon collaborations, YES!

1 comment: