"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What's that one song?

This month I decided to make a true mix of songs I think that everybody should hear at least once!
I don't know if anybody else does this but every so often there are one or two songs that I absolutely HAVE to play when I turn on my iPod. Whether I'm plugging it into the speakers on my desk, the input in my car or a set of headphones, these are the songs that at one point or another were a staple for every listening session. I can remember periods of my life based on the first few songs that I listened to as I walked to work, class, or social outings. When living in Australia I can remember listening to the same two songs as I walked out of my apartment building, down the street and to the tram (subsequently the first two tracks on the mix).

And so, here are the songs that at one point or another, I couldn't get enough of, had to play first, and ultimately started my days of right.

1. The Velvet Teen - Noi Boi
First set list I ever asked for. Yup, geek. 
2. Grizzly Bear - The Knife (CSS Remix)
Please listen to the original, first ;)
3. Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything
Pitchfork says they're going on an indefinite hiatus... tear. 
4. Broken Social Scene - All to All
Most of my circle of friends like this song the least on Forgiveness Rock Record. Obviously, I feel quite differently. 
5. Terry Reid - To Be Treated
Not sure how this came about but I remember choosing this song every time I got a hold of someone's iPod at any social gathering. 
6. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
7. Laura Marling - New Romantic
If you like Noah and the Whale, Laura Marling is a member. 
8. The Long Winters - Honest
Incredible band. 
9. The Good Life - Album of the Year
It's like listening to someone tell you a story that you swear could have been about you at some point. 
10. Headphones - I Never Wanted You
Pretty brutal lyrics. There's no song like this one. 
11. Death Cab for Cutie - The Sound of Settling
This is pretty much my best friend's theme song. 'Ba-Ba' was part of her everyday vocabulary. Want to know where Jen is? Just listen for the 'Ba-Ba' coming around the corner. 
12. Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage
This song lead me to my very best Aussie friends.  


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment