"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Sugar-coating This: It's a Break-Up Mix. by Haley

I recently had my first substantial break-up of my life. (I'm 23, but I had been dating the same guy since I was 15. ) For the most part, life post-break-up has been great- but, there are those moments when you just want to turn on music and lose yourself in it for a while. You know, when people who are just learning about the break-up refuse to stop asking questions, when you for a minute forget that your former partner isn't in your life anymore, or sometimes when it just hits you.

That's what this mix is about.

If you've recently been involved in a break-up, you know what I'm talking about.
If you're happily in love, sorry if this is a downer :(


Blackbird by the Beatles
Papillon
by Rilo Kiley
The One
by the Foo Fighters
Talking
by Annuals
Your Boyfriend Sucks
by the Ataris
More Adventurous
by Rilo Kiley **
My Friend Peter
by Alkaline Trio
I and Love and You
by Avett Brothers
Dress up in You
by Belle and Sebastian
Hold On Hope by Guided
by Voices
Mouthwash
by Kate Nash
Selfless, Cold and Composed
by Ben Folds Five

**
I'm usually against using an artist two times on one mix... including both Rilo Kiley songs was a complete mistake, but I think my girl Jenny Lewis knows how I'm feeling.

6 comments:

  1. HALEY! I just got your mix in the mail..And you're not going to believe this, but I just had my first substantial break-up too a month ago. I was sort of blown away when I got your mix, it was way too fitting. Thank you so much, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its odd to see Annuals on a break up mix because all I hear when I listen to them is "take me now!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too weird, Kathleen! I had a much angstier playlist, but I scrapped it as time went by and decided on this more rollercoaster-y playlist... Because that's how I feel at the moment :)

    Pete- my ex-fiance was waaaaaay into Annuals. I feel kind of bad for including this song, because in this context the lyrics are MEAN! Lol. Maybe I'm too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Kathleen- I hope you're happy and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mix is also a breakup mix. It is called November disintegration. Look for a post sometime in the next couple of days. There is some really solid blues style music on it! I'd be willing to send you a copy if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hey, i guess i can join the break up mix club. posting my track list in the next few days.

    foo fighters, ataris, ben folds and alkaline trio... all amazing picks :)

    ReplyDelete