"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Friday, November 26, 2010

October to Present.

The month of October gave me a lot to think about with regard to the direction that my life was headed. In the beginning of October I lost my girlfriend and best friend of the better part of two years and while it was somewhat of a relief initially, my thoughts drastically changed over the course of the month. I saw someone that I was proud to call my girlfriend and best friend, who wanted to stay friends in the aftermath, turn into the one person that hated me the most. We are no longer speaking per her request.

My mix-tape attempts to encompass all of the thoughts and emotions that I went through this past month. It is comprised of fifteen tracks, rather than the expected twelve, but how can one put a limit on the number of songs on a break-up mix-tape.

1. Signs Of Love – Moby
2. The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most – Dashboard Confessional
3. All of This – blink-182
4. In This Diary – The Ataris
5. Now It’s Over – Dear And The Headlights
6. Diamond Rings (2007) – Deer Tick

I have seen Deer Tick a few times and they have never disappointed me. Best guitar solo played with an atypical body part was played by John McCauley by using his penis as a guitar pick. Awesome solo, awesome night.

7. Here’s To The Night – Eve 6
8. I’m Ready, I Am – The Format
9. Accident Prone – Jawbreaker
10. Suicidal Fantasy – wait what

wait what is an incredible mash-up DJ who made headlines as well as more than a handful of enemies online with the release of The Notorious XX. His debut album combines The Notorious B.I.G. with The XX. Its a must hear even if you are not entirely into rap and gives B.I.G.'s hits a much needed 21st century update.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rw0ltfmmj0m

11. Oh, Deceiver – Right Away, Great Captain!
12. Synesthesia – Kinch
13. The Killing Moon – Nouvelle Vague
14. You’re A Mirror I Cannot Avoid – Bad Books

Bad books is comprised of Kevin Devine and Andy Hull as well as the rest of the guys in Manchester Orchestra. Check them out and see them if you are lucky enough to live within a reasonable distance of the seven dates they announced.

15. Girl With Broken Wings – Manchester Orchestra


I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on The Notorious XX, comments would be appreciated and I will post a link to my mix upon a reasonable amount of requests!

Jake Rand.

No comments:

Post a Comment