"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Less To Miss by Ade



Hey guys, so this is my November mixxxx, I'm late I know. I'm so sorry! :/
Moving on; I've made quite a bit of mixtapes in the past, but I've got to say, this is quite possibly my favorite of all of them. I love every single song on this, and when I listen to each track they tend to stir up a bunch of emotions, but somehow I get a feeling of warmth and calm like no other. I hope whoever gets this, enjoys it as well.

Well, here we go.

1) Fleetwood Mac - Big Love: What is there to say about Fleetwood Mac that hasn't already been said. They're legendary, and their music is timeless and beautiful. Like almost everyone else that loves music, I've obsessed over "Rumours", it's an amazing record, but lately i'm beginning to really appreciate "Tango In the Night", especially this song. Lindsey's voice is superb on this, and the production is stunning. It's another example of Fleetwood Mac being ahead of their time.

2) Department of Eagles - Brightest Minds: I'll have to admit, I was late to the party with this band. I got into them about 2 years ago, long after I had fallen in love with Grizzly Bear. But, this band is different; Their harmonies are splendid, and their sound is mind-numbing.



3) Delta Spirit - Bushwick Blues: Ever since i stumbled upon their "Ode To Sunshine" LP in 2008, i've been obsessed over this band. Together with Dr. Dog, they've done an amazing job reviving "Americana folk". Matthew Vasquez voice is unmistakable, and you can always hear the sincerity and sometimes pain when he sings. They recently released a new ep called "The Waits Room", It contains some new tunes as well as different takes on some older tracks of theirs. It's amazing, I highly recommend getting into this band.



4) Deerhunter - Coronado: So this band was on my last mix, with a track from their new record, "Halcyon Digest", which this tune is also on. I was lucky enough to see them live a few months back, and I was blown away. They are super talented dudes, and Bradford Cox is such an inspiration. This new record is currently vying for my favorite album of 2010, and rightfully so. It's nothing short of amazing.



5) Paul Simon - I Do It For Your Love: I recently scored "Still Crazy After All These Years" on Vinyl, and I'm in love. I've always had the mp3 version of it, and I've listened to it multiple times. But nothing beats the feeling of listening to a beautiful record such as this, while sitting alone in the dark. It stirs up feelings you could never imagine. It's unbelievable and it's the reason why I love Paul Simon. This remains my favorite track from the record.



6) Nada Surf - I Like What You Say: Love this band. love this tune. that is all.



7) Vetiver - More of This: Well, here's a band i fell in love with hard and fast (that's what she said), but seriously, these guys rock. their music is folk inspired with a little tinge of pop goodness. It also helps that they've found a unique way to differentiate themselves from the over-saturated indie-pop bands out there. Their music, and the melodies are just so sweet.



I'm getting tired, so here:
8) Dead Man's Bones - Pa Pa Power
9) Morrissey - Suedehead
10) Devendra Banhart - There's Always Something Happening
11) Dr. Dog - Unbearable, Why
12) Portugal. The Man - When The War Ends

Alrighty, until next time. <333333

No comments:

Post a Comment