"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cheap Talk by Kathleen

I have recently discovered one of the most beautiful things in this city... The bargain bins at Amoeba music. I know, buying cd's is officially outdated and unnecessary, but $2 deals are really just too lovely to pass up.

The only issue with the bargain bins is that there are thousands of cd's with more or less no semblance of order. So my process for picking music basically just came down to searching through every section and picking anything that sounded familiar or looked pretty. I ended up buying an obscene amount of cd's that I had never listened to before. They've been on repeat ever since. To say I'm in love would be a tragic understatement.

This mix is made up of songs from these random cd's...And some free music I got from some weird kid from Chicago.

(Sorry for the quality of the videos...Most of them I could only find as live performances)



1. At the Bottom of Everything - Bright Eyes





2. A Town Called Obsolete - Andreya Triana





3. Little Girl - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse Feat. Julian Casablancas





4. Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare) - Kid Cudi





5. Mykonos (Barbaric Merits Remix) - Fleet Foxes





6. Brooklyn We Go Hard - Jay-Z & Santogold





7. Animals - Baths





8. Chicken Pox - I'm From Barcelona





9. Bed Space - Darwin Deez





10. Uniform Grey - Sarah Harmer






11. Walking - The Dodos





12. These Old Shoes - Deer Tick

No comments:

Post a Comment