"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My December Post... sorry folks.

I've been commissioned by my dear eldest sister to create the play list for her wedding reception in September of 2011. So, instead of doing the Top 10 of 2010, I decided to look into the future and think about the music from our past that will continue to influence our future, whether we like it or not.

I am sharing a mix of songs that I would like played at my... er... an important event in my life. If I were thirteen and jewish these songs would be played at my Bat Mitzvah, if I was fifteen and Spanish these songs would make an appearance at my La Quinceanera, or if I was forty and crying because my fiance hit his peak and died off already, I'd hope these were played at his funeral (that's a joke). Right. Here it is:

1. Ray LaMontagne- You are the Best Thing
2. Madonna- Crazy For You
3. Ottis Redding- These Arms Are Mine
4. Karen-O- L-O-V-E
5. The Black Keys- Tighten Up
6. Band of Horses- Marry Song
7. Grizzly Bear- Knife
8. Neil Young- Harvest Moon
9. Peter, Bjorn, and John- Young Folks
10. Broken Social Scene- Lover's Spit
11. Simon & Garfunkel-Bridge Over Troubled Waters
12. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

Obviously a 12-song mix isn't long enough to entertain a full reception, Bat Mitzvah, LaQuinceanera, or funeral so, you guessed it, there will be version 2.0 very shortly. It's the least I can do for being late on December's post (don't hate me, Ashley).

Caiti

No comments:

Post a Comment