"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicago Land.

This month my exchange partner is non other than Jordan Jacobson (for all of you who don't know this, he's a good friend of mine here in Chicago). So, this mix was rather challenging to say the least. I'm sure our music collections are pretty similar, minus a few genres and periods of time here and there, so how I could possibly put together a mix that will keep him interested for all eleven (sorry, one short on this one) songs?

I decided that the one area in which I might be able to give him something different would be local Chicago music. So, I went at it, trying desperately to create a track list that had absolutely NOTHING he'd already know. But then I stopped and decided that this mix exchange isn't just for the person we send it to, it's for all of us to share. There is a bit of new, a bit of old, some psychedelic, some poppy, and some straight up hipster as fu*k, but hopefully there is something for everyone.

With that said...

Dear Jordan, I'm sorry that there is the obvious on here (A Lull, The Hood Internet, Maps & Atlases) but maybe you'll find a song or two that you didn't know and now like. Maybe you'll even go to their next gig when it comes around. At least you'll have a friend to tag along.

THE CHICAGO LAND.
1. Secret Colours - Follow the Drone
2. Netherfriends - Brett Easton Ellis Novel
3. The Hood Internet - I'm a Flirt (Shoreline)
4. Panda Riot - Street Lights and You and Me
5. Smith Westerns - Weekend
6.  Hors in the Sea - I Can't Talk to Girls
7. A Lull - Mammals (version on Love SIC Disco compilation)
8. The Streets on Fire - Astronaut Love Triangle 
9. Russian Circles - Carpe 
10. Calm Palm Vapor - Before Everything
11. Maps and Atlases - Witch 


.... your friend, Caiti. 

4 comments: