"Multitrack recording (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole."

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How the fuck did this get on my itunes?

I know this project is more or less an opportunity to gather with music lovers from across the country to share and appreciate the influence that music has on moments in our lives.

However, for this month's mix I decided to highlight a more minute facet of the musical world. An exploration into the deceptive abyss of any music lover's itunes will no doubt yield a strange array of songs gathered over the years. The songs we collect in our lives weave a story. From mixes our best friends gave us in 8th grade to record store purchases; random downloads you found for a newly discovered band to free music from Starbucks; Local EP's to that CD your Mom bought you for your birthday that you would NEVER, ever listen to; Collecting music over the years leads to a library that displays a vast complicated web of songs whose origins seem to disappear from memory with each new download. This mix is an ode to that beautiful, mind-puzzling labyrinth of music. Itunes can be a tender reminder of all the years spent accumulating a library of songs each of which has the potential to connect to some alluring time from our pasts....

But most of the time I am merely left staring at my computer screen wondering, "How the fuck did this get on my itunes?"


1. I'll Make A Man Out Of You - Disney
2. Down With The Sickness (Jazzy version?) - Richard Cheese
3. La Camisa Negra - Juanes
4. Let's Get Fucked Up - Start Trouble
5. Dick In A Box - The Lonely Island
6. Chilly Down - David Bowie from the Labyrinth
7. Hedwig's Theme - Harry Potter Soundtrack
8. Because I Got High -Afroman
9. When A Man Loves A Woman - Michael Bolton
10. Long Time Coming - Oliver James
11. Gay Bar - Electric Six
12. F-U-N - Spongebob


P.S. My sincere apologies to Mike for being the recipient of such a horrid (awesome?) mess,
and my sincere thanks to my roommate, Lindsey, for assisting in this ode.

1 comment: